The 9th GOVCERT.NL Symposium at the WTC Rotterdam has been a successful event, once again. Over 500 guests were offered a wide range of speakers and lots of opportunities to network. The symposium took place on the 15th and 16th of November, and was preceded by the Early Bird meeting on Sunday: an informal reception for the international guests and speakers.
The programme itself managed to offer something of interest to all attendees, from technicians and scientists to policy makers, in both the plenary and the parallel sessions. Important international speakers like Melissa Hathaway, Gary McGraw, Richard Thieme captivated the audience with their presentations.
There was a great atmosphere and in the corridors many compliments were given
to GOVCERT.NL. To substantiate this, we asked our guests to complete an extra
evaluation form this year, to rate the parallel sessions they attended. Together
with the usual feedback form for the entire event, this will provide us with
even more precise input for our evaluation. All input from the feedback forms
will be processed now and in the near future we will provide you with more
information on the results.
The presentations of many of our speakers have been made available on our website as PDF.
We would like to thank all our guests and speakers for attending and contributing to our symposium! Together we have put 'Change in progress' to practice.
During the symposium, GOVCERT.NL was certified as a Trusted Introducer by
TF-CSIRT. Accredited CSIRTs can be certified, using a ‘maturity model’,
assigning a score from 0-4 on each of 45 parameters that are grouped in four
categories: organisation, human, tools and processes. CSIRTs must obtain a
pre-defined minimum score in order to become certified. They must also provide
documentation and participate in an on-site workshop that investigates the
CSIRT, offers coaching, consultancy and a final assessment. After successfully
completing the process, a CSIRT can remain certified by maintaining the relevant
information with the Trusted Introducer and by undergoing re-certification every
GOVCERT.NL was the first to receive this certificate. Don Stikvoort of S-Cure handed it out - see video below.
GOVCERT.NL cooperates with partners
We contribute to 'Building a secure cyber society together' by cooperating with several partners in organising this year's symposium:
- The Team High-tech crime of the Netherlands Police Agency (KLPD) contributes by hosting the entire track on Law Enforcement.
- The National Coordinator for Counterterrorism (NCTb) and SURFcert have provided input and ideas for speakers to complete our programme.
- KPN-CERT helped realise the early bird event through financial support.
- SIDN made this year's social event possible.
Some quotes from Twitter
- Quux_NL: Very good talks in the program of #GovCERT. Something for everybody. And my good friends from #TOOOL teaching them lockpicking basics.
- j3ssgarcia: Back from the GovCERT.nl symposium. Kudos to the GovCERT Team, impressive event! Great to see a lot of old friends. See you next year!!!
- gbozic: End of this year's #govcert symposium in Rotterdam. Excellent program! I was mostly attending the no-press, no-tweets presentations. 10/10
- julioauto: Had quite some fun at GOVCERT.nl symposium. Met a bunch of interesting people.