National Cyber Security Agenda
The Netherlands is in an outstanding position to capitalize on the economic and social opportunities of digitalisation. At the same time, vulnerabilities and threats in the digital domain are increasing.
The NCSA sets out the framework for the next step required in cybersecurity. The joint direction is laid out and various measures are considered collectively. This enhances the impact of public and private actions.
The NCSA comprises seven ambitions that contribute towards the following objective:
The Netherlands is capable of capitalizing on the economic and social opportunities of digitalisation in a secure way and of protecting national security in the digital domain.
- The Netherlands has adequate digital capabilities to detect, mitigate and respond decisively to cyber threats
- The Netherlands contributes to international peace and security in the digital domain
- The Netherlands is at the forefront of digitally secure hardware and software
- The Netherlands has resilient digital processes and a robust infrastructure
- The Netherlands has successful barriers against cybercrime
- The Netherlands leads the way in the field of cybersecurity knowledge development
- The Netherlands has an integrated and strong public-private approach to cybersecurity